CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 16, 2011

Imagine That Friday!!

Hello everyone!  Happy Friday to you. :)   I am very excited to be here today to share a really easy and fun project I made.   Lately I have been playing around with my Imagine and creating my own pattern paper, and  I am totally loving it!  The possibilities are absolutely endless!

With Fall right around the corner, I can't help but think of Halloween... it is one of my favorite days. I know I will be having to make some little favors for my kids' school parties, so I thought I'd get a jump start on that with today's project.  I decided to make a cute little pillow box to put a few goodies in.... I think the kids will enjoy these. (I will be making a variety of boxes to keep them interesting!) 



In order to create this box, I first started out by picking an image I wanted for my background (designer) paper.  I found some really fun images on the October 31st cartridge, but ended up choosing the black cat in the end.  Once I had the image I wanted, I went to the mat preview screen and changed my paper size to 8" by 9", then I chose the auto fill feature.  Here is what it looked like:


Before printing your paper, BE SURE to go to the Settings section and change your setting to PRINT ONLY!!  You will now have  own personalized pattern paper.


Cool eh??  Ok, now that you have printed your paper, you need to go back and change your settings to CUT ONLY to cut your pillow box.  There are several different pillow boxes on the Cricut cartridges, but I went with the one on the Enjoy The Seasons Imagine cartridge.  The reason I chose this one is that it is plain, with no cutouts, so there is no need to use a Gypsy to hide any cut lines.  I cut my pillow box at 7.9".


Now you will need to score the box and add some good adhesive to assemble. This is what the box will look like once it is all together:

At this point, just add any fun embellishments you would like.  Super Super easy!!

So, for today's challenge....  create you own background/printed paper using your Imagine and then incorporate it into any project of your choice!  I hope you have fun with this one.

Thanks for stopping by today,  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! :)
Lori

0 comments:

Post a Comment